The call for submissions for the 2019 College Incentive Scheme is now open. The aim of this grant is to aid faculty in preparing applications for competitive external grants.
• Full‐time Assistant, Associate and Full Professors in ADM, SoH. SSS, and WKWSCI can apply for an Incentive grant up to $3,000 to help them develop new competitive research grant proposals. Competitive grant proposals for a similar research project must not have been previously submitted by the PI.
• Grants of $100,000 or more offered by external agencies, such as MCYS, NMRC, MOE Tier 2 and Tier 3 grants, count as competitive grants, with the exception of Tier 1 grants.
• Faculty are to submit their competitive grant proposals within one year from the date of award.
• Priority for funding is given to faculty who have not previously received an award under this scheme.
On the application form, applicants will be asked to provide details such as:
• Title of project and abstract
• Type of competitive grant that the applicant will apply for after receiving the Incentive award
• Description of how this grant can help the applicant prepare a future external grant application
• Breakdown and descriiption of how each requested category of the proposed budget will beused towards the planned grant submission. This incentive scheme will not support conferences and supplementary travels. For these budget items, faculty members are encouraged to seek other types of grants which support conferences and overseas travels.
• Prior to submitting the form, applicants must obtain their Associate Chair's (Research) endorsement via email before it can be considered for evaluation.
The application deadline is August 31, 2019
: Please download the application form here